Dr. Christine Collins, located in Beverly Hills, California, offers holistic gynecology to women of all ages throughout the greater Los Angeles area. She combines the best of conventional medicine and proven holistic alternatives in her integrative approach to gynecological care.
Holistic Gynecology Q & A
What Is holistic gynecology?
Holistic gynecology is gynecological care that utilizes an integrative approach to medicine. Integrative medicine centers on treating the entire patient and creating personalized wellness plans that incorporate each person’s unique physical and emotional traits and lifestyle. As an integrative practitioner, Dr. Collins also advocates a strong patient/doctor relationship. In addition, she always seeks to address the cause of a problem, rather than merely treat symptoms.
What types of treatments does Dr. Collins use?
Integrative physicians, like Dr. Collins, incorporate the best of conventional medicine and proven holistic alternatives, including nutrition, supplements, homeopathy and relaxation techniques. A board certified gynecologist, as well as, an expert in alternative medicine, Dr. Collins is able to offer her patients the widest possible options for managing their health and well-being, including the latest regenerative medicine treatments.
Does Dr. Collins treat all types of gynecological issues?
Yes. From birth control consultations to the management of menopause symptoms, Dr. Collins is committed to providing comprehensive and compassionate care to women throughout every stage of their lives. With over 20 years of clinical experience, she treats a wide range of female health issues, including urinary problems, uterine fibroids, STDs, vaginal atrophy and pelvic prolapse.
What are the principles of integrative care?
While individual physicians incorporate their own approaches, there are a number of principles that guide the practice of integrative medicine. These are:
- The patient and physician work as a team throughout the healing process.
- All aspects of a woman’s life that may affect her health, wellness, and illness are evaluated, including mind, body, spirit, and lifestyle.
- All approaches that facilitate the body’s natural healing response are considered.
- Natural treatments are used first, whenever they can be effective.
- Good medicine is based in science and is open to new ideas and approaches.
- Preventive medicine and maintaining overall wellness is a top priority.
- Patient care should be customized.